• FAQ's

    Q. Do I need to file an INTRA-district request?

    A. An Intra-district transfer request is necessary in the following circumstances:
         *if the student wishes to enroll in a school other than their home school of attendance. 
         *if the student moves to another attendance area and wishes to stay at their current school of enrollment. 

    Q: What if my INTRA-district request is approved and then we move out of Dublin, can my child still attend their current school?
    A:  If you move out of Dublin, it is your responsibility to contact your new district of residence and request an INTER district transfer request. This needs to be done within 14 days of moving out of Dublin. Once you move outside of Dublin, your Intra-district transfer request is void. 

    Q. When can I file an INTRA-district transfer request?
    A. Intra-district transfer requests are accepted only between February 15 and March 15 for the upcoming school year. These are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis and are marked according to time and date received, so the earlier          they are received, the better the chance is for it to be approved. 

    Q: What if February 15 and/or March 15 falls on a day your offices are closed?
    A: This is an online form and can be completed anytime, during the application window.
    Q. Do I need to fill out a new INTRA-district transfer request each year?
    A. Once approved, you do not need to reapply annually. Intra-District transfers are approved through the transition year. (Elementary to Middle, Middle to High School) 

    Q. Do I need to file an INTER-district transfer request?
    A: An Inter-district transfer request is necessary in the following circumstances:
         *if the student no longer lives within the DUSD boundaries and wishes to stay at their current school of enrollment in DUSD. 
         *If a student lives outside DUSD boundaries and would like to attend a DUSD school. 
         *if a student living within DUSD needs to attend school in a district other than DUSD, due to parent employment or child care needs. 

    Q: Do I need to apply for INTER-district transfer annually? 
    A: Students, residing in Alameda County, do not need to apply annually. The Inter-district transfer is approved through the transition year. (Elementary to Middle, Middle to High School) Students living outside of Alameda County, will need to apply each year.  
        *Inter-district transfer applications, for the following school year, will be accepted after March 1st of each year. 
    Q. When will I know if my INTER-district transfer request has been approved?
    A. Mid-year requests are processed weekly and parents will be notified by mail once their application has been processed. Typically this process can take up to 2 weeks. Students should be registered in their school of residence in the event        the request is not approved. Requests for the following school year are processed over the summer. Parents will be notified, by mail, in July. 
    Q. Why was my request for INTRA/INTER-district transfer not approved when the school told me they have space available?
    A. Grade-level capacity at each school is established each year based upon many factors including; staffing, availability of facilities, and growth. Schools cannot guarantee that there is space available or approve transfer requests. All transfer        requests are processed at the district office by the Office of Student Services. 

    Q. What if I file an INTRA/INTER-district transfer request, and then I change my mind?
    A. A request for transfer may be rescinded by the parent/guardian any time before the student begins attending the requested school.
    If you have additional questions please contact, Kim Vanner in Student Services at 925 828 2551 ext 8084 or by clicking her name to send an email.