August NewsletterPosted by Rachel Burgess on 8/16/2018
What a wonderful first week of school! I have so enjoyed meeting many of you and getting to know the students. I am anticipating a fin-tastic school year and am so excited about the many school events that are quickly filling up our school calendar.
I want to share with you that each month I will be posting a newsletter on the main school website. Please check our home page to access important information that pertains to our school and our students.
I am looking forward to a year filled with building new partnerships with the parent community and students alike. I strongly encourage you to get involved. There are many ways for you serve the school community, as well as many different volunteer opportunities. I want to thank you in advance for all that you do to support our school.
Integrity in Action:
For the months of August and September, we at Dougherty Elementary school will focus on the Character Trait of responsibility. Students will practice and demonstrate ways in which we treat people or situations with high or special regard. Please help us to enforce this concept at home with your children.
In an effort to maintain a safe and calm environment, please see the reminders below. Additionally, to access the Dougherty Parking Lot Procedures, please see the link on the homepage of our school website.
- Please make sure to drive slowly through the drop off lanes.
- When entering the driveway, please pull all the way forward. You will be asked to do so if you stop along the curbside.
- DO NOT leave your vehicle unattended at any time.
- No cell phone usage at any time while operating a vehicle.
- Students and parents are expected to use the crosswalk at all times. This will help to ensure the safety of all pedestrians.
- When parking in the surrounding neighborhoods, please be aware of driveways. We do not want to block our neighbors in.
Please note that the library is not opened before school. Please do not attempt to drop your child off in the library before campus opens, as we do not have any supervision for students prior to 8:10 a.m.
I am happy to announce that we have a new addition to the Dougherty family. This year, we have two Special Day Classes on our campus. We have a DK-2nd grade classroom taught by Mrs. Jennifer Moon and a 3rd-5th grade classroom taught by Ms. Catherine Heilich. Please help me in welcoming the newest dolphins to our community.
August 22nd: School Site Council at 2:15 p.m.
August 23rd: Back to School Night for grades 1st-5th
September 3rd: Labor Day, no school
September 14th: Lifetouch Fall Pictures