Beginning July 1, 2019:
NUMBER OF DOSES REQUIRED OF EACH IMMUNIZATION (1,2,3)
4 Polio (4) 5 DTaP (5) 3 Hepatitis B (6) 2 MMR (7) 2 Varicella
7th Grade Advancement (9,10)
1 Tdap (8) 2 Varicella (10)
(1) Requirements for K-12 admission also appy to transfer pupils.
(2) Combination vaccines (e.g., MMRV) meet the requirements for individual component vaccines. Doses of DTP count towards the DTaP requirement.
(3) Any vaccine administered four or fewer days prior to the minimum required age is valid.
(4) Three doses of polio vaccine meet the requirement if one dose was given on or after the fourth birthday.
(5) Four doses of DTaP meet the requirement if at least one dose was given on or after the fourth birthday. Three doses meet the requirement if at least one dose of Tdap, DTaP, or DTP vaccine was given on or after the 7th birthday. One or two doses of Td vaccine given on or after the seventh birthday count towards the requirement.
(6) For seventh grade admission, refer to Health and Safety Code section 120335, subdivision (c).
(7) Two doses of measles, two doses of mumps, and one dose of rubella vaccine meet the requirement, separately or combined. Only doses administered on or after the first birthday meet the requirement.
(8) For 7th-12th graders, at least one dose of pertussis containing vaccine is required on or after the seventh birthday.
(9) For children in ungraded schools, pupils 12 years and older are subject to the seventh grade advancement requirements.
(10) The varicella requirement for seventh grade advancement expires after June 30, 2025