Board of Trustees
- Board of Trustees
- Board Calendar
- Questions from the Board
- Current Board Agenda
- Archived Board Agendas & Minutes
- Live Stream of Board Meeting
- Board Meeting Videos on Demand (Archive)
- School Board Policies
- Board Governance Handbook
- Board of Trustees District Map
- Board Buzz: A Board Meeting Summary
- Instructions for Public Comment
Changes to Public Comment Procedure for Board Meetings: Beginning with the regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Trustees on Tuesday, August 4, 2020, the district will shift from public comments being submitted via email and read by staff, to having the public present their own comments in real-time, either via video or over the phone. This change will help move our board meetings closer to their traditional format of having the public actively participate in the process by presenting their own public comments.
Public comments for agendized items will take place while that item is being addressed as part of the evening’s agenda. Public comments on non-agendized items will take place during the Public Comment portion of a regular board meeting.
Upon the opening of an item, an announcement will be made that the opportunity to provide a public comment has begun.
Closed Session Comments: To comment on Closed Session items, community members will need to log-in or dial-in to the meeting prior to the beginning of Closed Session (check Closed Session times on the Board Meeting agenda), and raise their virtual hand to speak.
Public Comment Process
- Access Zoom - The public will be able to log or dial into the Zoom meeting and be placed in a holding area until the topic they want to discuss comes up in the agenda.
- Raise Your Hand - Zoom has a mechanism that allows participants to virtually raise their hand to speak. When an agenda item is being discussed by the board, the public will be informed that they have the opportunity to raise their hand to provide a comment on that topic. For non-agendized items, the public will be able to raise their hand during the Public Comment period of a regular board meeting.
- State Your Comment - A moderator will unmute the participant when it is their time to speak. Each speaker will be given a maximum of three minutes to present their comments.
- Log Out - Once the public comment has been made, the speaker should exit the holding area and rejoin the meeting via DublinUSD.tv.
Video and phone login information will be available on the district website prior to every board meeting, and can also be accessed by emailing email@example.com during the meeting.
Once placed in the holding area:
To comment by video conference, click the “Raise Your Hand” button to request to speak when public comment is being taken on the eligible Agenda item. You will then be unmuted, during your turn, and allowed to make a public comment. After the allotted time, you will then be re-muted. Instructions on how to “Raise Your Hand” is available at:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205566129 - Raise-Hand-In-Webinar. If you do not wish to appear on video, we recommend that you turn off your device's camera by clicking on the video camera button in Zoom. When it’s your turn to speak, you’ll see a notification on your screen that you are joining the meeting and then you’ll see yourself on the screen.
To comment by phone, you will be prompted to “Raise Your Hand” by pressing “*9” to request to speak when public comment is being taken on the eligible Agenda Item. When it is your turn to speak, you will hear a message that “you are now unmuted.” Begin your public comment when you hear the message. After the allotted time, you will then be re-muted. Instructions of how to raise your hand by phone are available at:
LOG IN AND DIAL-IN INFORMATION FOR NOVEMBER 10, 2020 BOARD MEETING:
When: Jan 12, 2021 04:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Topic: DUSD Board Meeting
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
81130540520?pwd= ZjBPdmYvM1Fza3diNVNOZVFSNUN6dz 09
Or iPhone one-tap :
*730743# or +12532158782,,81130540520#,,,, *730743#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 9128 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592
Webinar ID: 811 3054 0520
International numbers available: https://dublinusd.zoom.us/u/
Q: Do I need to have a Zoom account to participate?
No. Anyone can join a meeting using the Zoom mobile apps or desktop applications for Windows and Mac. You will be asked to provide a name and email address when you connect. If you would like to remain anonymous, simply write anonymous for the name and firstname.lastname@example.org for the email address. You can also access Zoom by phone. Your phone number will not be visible during public comment.
Q: Can I submit my public comment ahead of time via email to be read into the record?
No. We have returned to a system in which the public will read their own comments during board meetings. If you are not comfortable reading your comments, you are always welcome to email the board directly.