Optional Spelling Activities
Complete one of the below activities each night for your spelling homework. Turn in all completed activities. If you write your words in salt or with a flashlight, just record this activity on your homework sheet.
1. Write spelling words 3 times each.
2. Put spelling words in ABC order and write 3 times each.
3. Write sentences using your spelling words. Underline the spelling word in each sentence. You may use more than one word in each sentence.
4. Story Words - Write a story using your spelling words. Underline the spelling words in your story. Try to use all of your words.
5. Rainbow Words – Write your spelling words in three different colors.
6. Ransom Words – Write your spelling words by cutting out letters from a magazine or newspaper. Paste them on a piece of paper.
7. Rhyming Words – Try to write a word that rhymes with each of your spelling words.
8. Salty Words – Pour salt in a baking dish or tray. Write your words in salt using your finger. Shake tray after each word is written for a fresh start.
9. Flashlight Words – Get a flashlight, go into a dark room and spell your words on the wall with the flashlight.
10. Triangle words – Write your words in a triangle shape until all letters have been used. Examples: would, canw c