I strive to provide a safe, supportive, engaging and joyful learning environment for my students. It is my goal for children to become successful students and develop a lifelong love for learning. In order to do so, classroom management must be in place. I strive to maintain routines and consistency, give positive feedback and have clear expectations. The first several weeks of school will focus on this classroom management so that each child will have a good understanding of the rules, procedures, and expectations of the classroom. As the year goes on, students will take on more responsibilities and be expected to work on task and independently for periods of time.
The general rules/guidelines for the classroom are:
- We use only kind words and actions.
- We follow directions the first time they are given.
- We keep our hands, feet, and objects to ourselves.
- We raise our hand before speaking.
- We use quiet voices.
- We complete our assignments._ We always try our best!