MRS. BOWEN'S AND MRS. TENNEY'S TEACHING PHILOSOPHY
1. We believe that teachers, parents and children together should be engaged in the basic goals of education.
2. We believe that the classroom should provide a stimulating environment for learning and that children should develop responsibility for their learning.
3. We recognize that children have different learning rates and style; so, we will use a variety of materials and teaching methods.
4. We are looking forward to the school year and hope that if you have any concerns you will call on us. We will contact you if we see a problem that we think needs to be discussed.
1. We are safe in our school.
2. We are kind to one another.
3. We listen to the speaker.
4. We always try our best.
5. We use our time wisely.
MRS. BOWEN’S AND MRS. TENNEY’S BEHAVIOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
CLIP UP/DOWN CHART:
Students are given a clothespin with their name on it in the beginning of the year. When the student is following the classroom rules he/she will be told to move their clothes pin up the chart. When not following the rules they will be told to move their clothes pin down the chart.
Students are always given a verbal warning before they are asked to move their clothespin down the chart. There are however exceptions, hitting, kicking, pinching, biting (physical behavior which is harmful) is an automatic movement to “teachers choice”.