Ms. Longyear’s Classroom Procedures
In the morning, students will:
Enter the classroom in quiet manner
Take out homework from the previous night and place on corner of desk for collection
Begin writing Prompt of the Day in ELA Journal
After homework is collected, have material for class ready
When the bell rings, students will:
Be absolutely quiet
Be ready to go with backpacks zipped up, but not attached to
Have hands on top of the desks and feet completely on the floor
Have area around desk clean and orderly
Wait to be dismissed by Ms. Longyear, and no sooner
Before students are dismissed for the day, students will:
Have all assignments written down in their Minder Binder
Make sure they have all handouts
When the lights are turned off, students will:
Freeze and stop what they are doing
Turn and face the teacherBe ready for instruction
- Always be on time.
- Come prepared to class.
- Act responsibly and follow the Wells Way
- Eating is not allowed in the classroom.
- Always raise your hand before speaking up.
- No foul language or slang will be tolerated.
- Use “please” and “thank you” as much as possible.
- Be seated at all times.
- Always follow the teacher’s instructions.
- At the end of class, remain seated until the teacher releases you.
Respect yourself, those around you, and your surroundings at all times!