ATHLETIC COACH EMPLOYMENT PROCESSDublin Unified School District's goal is to provide competitive athletic programs by giving our students an opportunity to learn to work as members of a team, to learn and follow the rules of the game, and to learn to abide by the decisions of coaches and game officials.All vacant high school and middle school coaching positions will be posted under Certificated and Classified Job Openings. Interested applicants must have a current application on file with the district.Following an interview and offer of employment, the Human Resources Department will issue the coach a short-term, temporary contract.Hiring Process for Coaches:
1. A recommendation for hire must be submitted to Human Resources by the Athletic Director. Fingerprinting and employment paperwork will be authorized by Human Resources following receipt of recommendation for hire. Coaches may only contact Human Resources with prior authorization from the Athletic Director.
2. Coaches pick up the coaching / employment packet and fingerprint form from Human Resources.
3. Coaches return the completed packet, fingerprint form, and TB test to Human Resources.
4. Coaches must be fingerprinted and have a current TB test on file.5. The fingerprinting fee plus the roll fee is the coach’s responsibility.
6. HR will let the site know when the coach is cleared to start. (fingerprint clearance, TB, copy of driver’s license, copy of social security card, CPR, verification of completion of code of ethics and concussion training).
7. The administrator will then sign the contract and fill in all pertinent information including the correct stipend amount.8. All coaches will be issued a Dublin email and log in. Keenan SafeSchools training must be done as well which includes three online trainings regarding Mandated Child Abuse Reporting, Bloodborne Pathogens and Sexual Harassment.
9. All volunteer coaches must complete the employment process and packet. A contract will be issued reflecting a - 0 - stipend amount if the coach is a volunteer and is not receiving compensation.