COLLEGE INFORMATION & MORE2/20/20, Thursday, 4th period, Rutgers University - New Brunswick - for students that applied and were acceptedUPCOMING COLLEGE EVENTSCommunity College Night at DHS - 1/22/20 at 6:30pm in the Student Union - We are encouraging any interested students and their parents to attend Community College Night on Wednesday, January 22 at 6:30pm in the Student Union. Information will be presented on Los Positas College, Diablo Valley College and Ohlone College as well as learning from current community college students and other information. Also, please attend if you are interested in learning more about the concurrent enrollment process.Power of Me Tour at Dublin High School Old Gym 2/7/20 at lunch - for African American students.Pizza will be provided to those who sign-up in advance!Sign-up here - 2/7/20, Friday at Lunch, Power of Me Tour- Learn how to get into college and get scholarships
- 411 for student athletes
- Get advice from motivational speakers and HBCU advocates
- Win FREE tickets to the Black College Expo on 2/8/20If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Parker in the Counseling Office or Mrs. Nobida in the Career CenterBlack College Expo - Saturday, February 8, 2020 from 9:00am to 5:00pm at the Oakland Marriott City Center. Get Accepted on the Spot! Scholarships on the Spot! Bring at least 15 copies of your transcripts. For more information and to get tickets: https://www.thecollegeexpo.org/events/oaklandCal State East Bay Education Summit - Saturday, February 8, 2020 from 9:00am to 1:00pm. A FREE educational event for first generation, African American, Asian American, Latino, Native American, and Pacific Islander Students and their families. All are welcome to attend.Cal State East Bay - Hayward Campus in the University Gymnasium, 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd, Hayward, CA 94542.Program Highlights:Learn how to prepare for college through presentationsand workshops for middle school, high school andcommunity college students.Visit the college and resource fair showcasing universities, community colleges, and support programs.Financial aid Workshops include FAFSAand Dream Act application tips.Event is FREE, Parking and Lunch are FREEREGISTER TO ATTEND EDUCATION SUMMIT:SPANISH FLYER http://www.csueastbay.
edu/education-summit/files/ docs/education-summit-2020- flyer-spanish.pdfENGLISH FLYER http://www.csueastbay. edu/education-summit/files/ docs/education-summit-2020- flyer-english.pdfFOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT:Oregon Private College Week - Monday, July 27 to Friday, July 31, 2020. For more information and to register: https://oaicu.org/registration/POWER POINTS FROM DHS PRESENTATIONS:Below you will find the presentations from the Counseling Department's 2019 Community College Night:Traditionally Untraditional - Founder/Director and Excecutive Director are recent graduates of Dublin High School! From their website: Traditionally Untraditional is built with the goal to be a simple platform that gives students and parents a reference point away from the mass of traditional information about college. Use our pages to find basic info about community college, study abroad, and personal experiences of community members who chose the less traditional route, not because they had no other option but because they found community college to be the better option. We hope to make your search for information simple and give you answers to questions maybe you didn't even know you had.COLLEGE APPLICATION WEBSITES:University of California -Do You Know What the UC System is Looking for in Personal Insight Questions?Please find the following powerpoint from the University of California Counselor Conference addressing what the UC System is looking for with respect to the Personal Insight Questions. All seniors considering applying to any UC campus will want to carefully consider what UC is telling prospective student applicants. Here are the slides from the UC conference about what they look for in the personal insight questions.Please keep the following in mind:
This is the bottom line: they want to be given context for HOW the STUDENT became WHO he/she is.Community Colleges:Las Positas College - Flyers and HandoutsOTHER HELPFUL COLLEGE WEBSITES:
- Slides #4, 6, 8-10, 13-15 - Pay close attention for general information.
- Slides #17-29- Test your own knowledge with sample case studies having specific reasons why UC thought the responses were an "added value" or a "missed opportunity" on the student's application.
- Slides #31-34 - More anecdotes and suggestions
OTHER WEBSITESCollegeBoard (SAT Testing)State of California, Department of Industrial Relations - Apprenticeships