Inter District Transfer General Information
Inter-District Transfer Requests
Inter-District Transfer Requests are required when you wish to attend school in a district that is not your district of residence.
- Inter-District Transfer Requests must originate from your district of residence.
- Inter-District Transfer Requests are not required for NEW Families moving into Dublin.
- If you move out of Dublin anytime during the school year, and would like to continue attending DUSD, you MUST complete an Inter-District Transfer Request, originating from your new district, within 14 days of moving. (Failure to do so may result in dis-enrollment from DUSD.)
- Do not withdraw your child from their current district until you have received the signed & approved transfer form from Dublin Unified School District.
- Students living outside Alameda County will need to submit a new request each year.
- Alameda County Residents on an Inter-District Transfer do not need to complete a new Transfer Request annually.
- A new Transfer Request will need to be filled out when transitioning from elementary to middle school or middle to high school.
Steps to Completing an Inter-District Transfer Request:Requesting INTO DUBLIN
Requesting OUT OF DUBLIN
- Obtain Inter-District Transfer Request form from your school district of residence.
- Complete form and attach necessary documentation (as outlined on page 2 of Alameda Co request form)
- Submit to your resident school district for approval.
- Typically, they will send it to DUSD. Depending on the district, they may allow you to hand carry to DUSD.
- The Transfer Request will be reviewed by DUSD Administration who will notify you, in writing, of approval/denial.
- Complete and submit the Inter-District Transfer Form attaching all necessary documentation, (as outlined on page 2 of Alameda Co request form).
- DUSD will process and send the form to the requested district. We do not accept walk in requests. All requests are sent from DUSD to the requested district.
- The requested district will then notify you of their decision.