Amador Elementary School - Library Media CenterQuestions? Email Traci Kaatmann at email@example.comNews and Information
Dear Amador Parents/Guardians and Students,
UPDATED 1/4/2021- The holds window is now OPEN for the month of JANUARY. I will be accepting hold requests from Jan. 4th through Jan. 8th. The HOLD button will be turned off at 9:00 PM on Friday, Jan. 8th. Please request your books before the deadline.
We are excited to announce that we have developed a program for our students to check-out books from our school library. Right now we are piloting this program to our 2nd thru 5th grade students only. We will expand this to additional grade levels in the future.
Please read this entire page for details on this new program
- Students in 2nd-5th grade will be able to check out 3 books at a time.
- Books will be checked out for a 3 week period.
- We will be offering this service once per month. All hold requests received by the first Friday of the month will be available for pickup on Monday, Tues and Weds of the 3rd week of the month.
- To increase the availability of popular titles, I will be limiting certain books to one title per check out cycle. Examples include: Wings of Fire series, Land of Stories series, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, Dogman, Babysitters Club, Dork Diaries.
- Students may return books at any time Monday-Friday between 8:30-3:00 by dropping them off in the yellow library return crate that is sitting in our drive thru area. You may also return books when you come to pick up your next round of on demand book selections.
- Students who have library books outstanding from last spring or have books that are more than 2 months overdue will not be able to check out any more books until their accounts are cleared.
- Watch this video How to log into your Destiny student library account and put books on hold for instructions on how to log into your account, search and put books on hold.
- Go to Destiny home page-Amador Elementary. Click on Amador if it is not already selected.
- Click on the “login” option on the top right hand side of the page (in the blue task bar)
- Your user name is your student ID number, your password is aes.
- Students can put up to 4 books on hold, but they will only receive 3 books per check out cycle. The 4th "hold" spot should be used ONLY to reserve a book that is not currently available (this is a book that says "0 of 1 copy available. If you see this message it means another student already has the book you want). You may use your 4th "hold" to get on the waiting list for an unavailable book (eg: a popular title such as Harry Potter). After I fulfill your 3 book requests, I will clear out any remaining books from your holds queue, except those that you are wait listed on. You will remain in "line" for any wait listed book and it will be distributed to you when it becomes available.
- It will take time for me to pull all the books and get them ready for distribution. You will receive an email notification when your books are ready for pickup. Your email notification will list the date, time and location of where/when you need to pick up your book(s). Do not come to school to pick up your book(s) at any other time than those listed in your email notification. (Note: Ignore the message that pops up in Destiny after you put a book on hold- that pop up message is incorrect and I cannot disable it).
- Books not picked up by the last pick up date on your email notification will be returned to the library.
- The "hold" function will be turned off after the holds window closes each month. If you are unable to put books on hold, this is probably the reason why.
- Students will need to put in a new hold request each month they want to participate. Please see the list of dates on the right hand side of the website.
- Students need to practice proper care of their library books. This includes: no eating or drinking near books, no writing in books, turning pages slowly to avoid tearing pages, keeping books away from young children and pets, do not loan your books to other students.
- If a book is lost or damaged, the student will need to reimburse the school for the replacement cost of the book.
- Students are responsible for returning their library books on time.
- Students are responsible for choosing books that are in their Accelerated Reader (AR) level.
- Students are responsible for keeping their hold lists up to date. To see what you have on hold, log into your account and click on the my info tab. Please delete any books you no longer want on your holds list. If you are unable to delete books from your holds list, please email Mrs. Kaatmann at firstname.lastname@example.org from your DUSD student email and let me know which books you would like me to remove.
- You are responsible for picking up the books you put on hold during the designated pick up days. Your hold privileges may be suspended if you have a pattern of putting books on hold and not picking them up.
- Students will need to put in a new holds request each month that they want to participate. Check the library website for the schedule.
All books that are returned will be quarantined for 96 hours before being checked in and put back into circulation
Contactless pickup- you will receive an email notification when your books are available for pickup. Library books will be available for pickup just inside the Amador main gates. It will be a self serve pickup. Book requests will be on the cart in alphabetical order by your last name. Please wear a mask and maintain 6 ft of distance if other families are picking up books the same time as you.
Please bear with us as we implement this newly created contactless pick up service. We know that unforeseen glitches will happen and we thank you in advance for your patience. Procedures are subject to change as this new program is a work in progress. Questions? Email Traci Kaatmann at email@example.comQuick link to access our library's Destiny Online CatalogThere is no such thing as too many books!Library HoursMonday - Friday: 8:25 am to 3:00 pmLibrary StaffName: Traci KaatmaanTitle: Library Media TechnicianEmail address: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone Number: 925.307.1950 ext. 6713
JANUARYHolds window is open: Mon. Jan 4th -Fri. Jan, 8thHold requests due by: 9:00 PM on Friday, January 8thPick up dates: Tues-Thurs, Jan. 19, 20 and 21st from 12:30-3:00 PMBooks Due: By Feb. 18th. You may drop off your books anytime M-F between 9:00am-3:00 pm in the yellow library return crate in front of the school. Please DO NOT drop books off after school hours or on the weekend.