2021-2022 DKA/Kindergarten Registration Information
Dublin Families with children already attending DUSD schools:Existing families in the district will complete the IC online registration application in their Parent Portal to enroll your new student. The Online Registration link will be activated in your parent portal starting on January 13. Once in your portal the link to add your new DKA/K student can be found on the left side open "More" then "Online Registration".Portal issues: email@example.comWhen you have completed your student's registration, you will have the opportunity to review what you have entered. Once you have reviewed your entries, make a note of the registration application number (you will need this in step 2), save the summary page for each student, and then click SUBMIT.
***Your application is not complete until you click on SUBMIT.
Go to Step 2 on this page.
New Family Registration:
Welcome to Dublin Schools! This is an exciting step in your child's future and we look forward to having them with us, in our schools, and having the registration process be the beginning of a great partnership between your family and the Dublin Unified School District. Learn about the Educational Options for your child: https://www.dublin.k12.ca.us/Page/4830
If your student is currently enrolled in the DKA program you DO NOT need to participate in the registration process. Your student will be automatically enrolled in Kindergarten at your home school for the 2021-22 school year.
For the 2021-22 school year, children must have been born on or before September 1, 2016 to be eligible for Kindergarten.
- Students born between September 2 and December 2, 2016 are eligible to attend our Developmental Kindergarten Academy. DKA frequently asked questions
- The Online Portal will open for Developmental Kindergarten and Kindergarten Registration on January 13, 2021 at 8:30 a.m.
- Click here to find your school of Residence
- Choose Apply for DKA/Kindergarten Registration (bottom of this page)
- Complete the requested info
- Check your email for the link, sent from Infinite Campus (this can take up to 30 minutes to receive).
Please note: If you are using Gmail, the email link will show up in your spam folder near the bottom.
- Once you receive the email, click on the link and fill out the online application to attend the 2020-21 school year through the online registration portal.
- Choose Kindergarten (K) as your grade for both DKA and Kinder applications.
- When you have completed the forms, you will have the opportunity to review what you have entered. Once you have reviewed your entries, make a note of the registration application number (you will need this in step 2), save the summary page for each student, and then click SUBMIT.
***Your application is not complete until you click on SUBMIT.
***NOTE: If you do not have access to a computer to complete this process, please contact the school site's registrar as listed at the bottom of this page.
You will need to upload the following documents, to the Required Registration Documents link, in order to complete registration. (Due to the COVID-19 Shelter In Place mandate, schools are closed for the return of registration documentation, listed below, until further notice.)
- Online Application Summary and Student Health History Form (Click Here for Fillable Version)
- TWO Proofs of Residency, noting parent/guardian name and address
- Current PG&E Bill or verification of service connection
- Current Cable/Internet Bill
- Current Water Bill or verification of service connection
- Current Amador Valley Industries (AVI) Trash bill
- Current Social Services Documents
- Property Tax Payment Receipts (may require additional documentation)
- Current Rental Property contract, lease or current payment receipts (showing address on receipt (will required additional proof of residency)
- Current Pay Stub
- Voter Registration
- Correspondence from a government agency
- Original Birth Certificate or Adoption Record
- Your child's current Immunization Record
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID (Current)
***Please note: You must upload all documents to complete registration. Incomplete submissions will be returned.
Once the registration is accepted, your child will be enrolled for the 2021-22 school year. Class assignments will be announced the week before school begins.
NOTE: If you have requested an Intra-District Transfer Request, you will need to register at your school of residence. If your Intra-District Transfer Request is approved, the registration will be transferred to your requested school.
This checklist is designed to help you look at your child's physical, social, emotional and cognitive development, and contains items that are important to your child's success in DKA/Kindergarten.
Additional Information RE: First Grade Enrollment
California law requires a child to be six years old on or before September 1 for the 2021-22 school year and each school year thereafter to be legally eligible for first grade EC Section 48010.
A child who was legally enrolled in an out-of-state kindergarten for one school year (using that state's requirements), but who does not meet California age eligibility for first grade, may, with parental consent, be enrolled by the district in first grade (EC Section 48011).
A child who was not age-eligible for kindergarten (that is, the child turned five after September 1 in the 2014-15 school year or thereafter) and who attended a California private school kindergarten for a year is viewed by the CDE as not legally enrolled in kindergarten, pursuant to EC Section 48000 requirements. Therefore, this child, upon enrollment in public school, is enrolled in kindergarten, assessed, and may (but is not required to) be immediately promoted to first grade if the child meets the following State Board of Education criteria, pursuant to Title 5, Section 200:
- The child is at least five years of age.
- The child has attended a public school kindergarten for a long enough time to enable school personnel to evaluate the child's ability.
- The child is in the upper 5 percent of the child's age group in terms of general mental ability.
- The physical development and social maturity of the child are consistent with the child's advanced mental ability.
- The parent or guardian has filed a written statement with the district that approves placement in first grade.
A statement, signed by the district and parent/guardian, is placed in the official school records for these five-year-olds who have been advanced to first grade (EC Section 48011). This action prevents a subsequent audit exception for first grade placement of an age-ineligible student.
(according to: California Department of Education webpage
California law, Education Code 49452.8, requires that all incoming Kindergarten students must have an Oral Health Assessment (dental check-up), by May 31 of their first year of school. Oral Health Assessments that happen within the 12 months before your child enters school also meet this requirement. The law specifies that the assessment must be done by a licensed dentist, or other licensed or registered dental health professional. You may download the form here.
After School Childcare
Dublin Unified School District does not provide after school childcare however, independently operated childcare options are available at several DUSD campuses. For more information, please click the following link:
School Site Contacts for Registration
Amador Elementary School
Cottonwood Creek Grades K-5
Cottonwood Creek Grades 6-8
Dublin Elementary School
Dougherty Elementary School
Frederiksen Elementary School
Green Elementary School
Kolb Elementary School
Murray Elementary School