Inter District Transfer Requests - (Transferring a student from one district into or out of another District)(NOT required for NEW families moving into Dublin - please follow links for New Family Registration from the home page)
Please note: If you move out of Dublin anytime during the school year, you MUST complete an inter district transfer request from your new district in order to continue attending school in Dublin Unified. This needs to be done within 14 days of moving or your student may be dropped.
Inter-District Transfers - INTO DUBLIN
1. Obtain an Inter-District Transfer form from your school district of residence.
2. Complete the form and attach necessary documentation, as outlined on page 2 of Alameda Co request form. Additionally, if your child has any special needs, or has been receiving special educational services, a current IEP must be attached to the request.
3. Submit to your resident school district for approval.
4. Your resident district will send the form to Dublin Unified for processing.
5. DUSD will notify you of the decision by mail.
Note to Parents requesting to enter DUSD from another district: Do not withdraw your child from their current district until you have received the signed & approved form from Dublin Unified School District.
Inter-District Transfers - OUT OF DUBLIN
1. Click on the Inter-District Transfer Request (this form must be filled out electronically)
2. Complete form and attach necessary documentation, as outlined on page 2 of Alameda Co request form.
3. DUSD will process and send, the completed form, to the requested district.
5. The requested district will then notify you of their decision.
Please do not un-enroll your student from their current school until you have received an approval letter from DUSD.
Inter- District Transfer Renewals
If you live in Alameda County, approved transfers will remain in effect through the 5th grade for elementary, through 8th grade for middle school, and through 12th grade for the high school.
If you live in a county other than Alameda, requests must be renewed each year.
Intra-District Transfers (Transferring from one Dublin Unified school to another)
Dublin Schools has an open enrollment policy in which students can, if space is available, attend their school of choice. Transfers of current Dublin students from one school to another is allowed for a variety of reasons, and is granted if there is space in the grade level requested. The application period for this is February 15th through March 15th of each year for the following school year. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Applications will not be accepted before or after these dates and decisions cannot be appealed.
Approved transfers will remain in effect through the 5th grade for elementary, through 8th grade for middle school, and through 12th grade for the high school. You will not need to apply annually.
2020-21 School Year
The window for submitting Intra-District Transfers for the 2020-21 school year is, February 14, 2020- March 16, 2020.
Contacts and Form Links
Director of Student Services, Tess Johnson 925.828.2551 ext 8035
Inter & Intra District Transfer Request Support, Kim Vanner 925.828.2551 ext 8084
Inter-District Transfer Request (for students living in Dublin wishing to attend school in another district)
Intra-District Transfer Request (for students living in Dublin wishing to attend a school, within Dublin School District, other than their school of residence)