DUBLIN HIGH SCHOOL COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER
Please follow on:
- Tri-Valley Builds 2017 - October 27th, from 9-12pm at 2350 Santa Rita Road in Pleasanton. Meet local contractors, do hands on activities and find out all the information about the trades taught in your very own backyard. Lunch will be provided. For more information, contact Mrs. Nobida in the College and Career Center.
- Financial Aid Workshop - For high school students planning to go to college and their parents. November 8th from 6:30pm to 8:30 pm in the Dublin High School Student Union. Learn the most important basics about financial aid and find out how to maximize your opportunities.
- ASVAB Career Exploration Program Test
- November 8th from 8:45am to noon in the Dublin H.S. Career Center. You must sign up in the Career Center by November 3rd. The test empowers students nationwide to discover their strengths and interests then map out post-secondary plans that work. Start exploring. It's free. ASVAB - Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery. For more information about the program https://www.asvabprogram.com
- District Attorney's Justice Academy Program -
Applications are now being accepted. The application is due on November 9th and you can apply online HERE
or pickup a printed copy in the career center.
- CodeDay Bay Area
- Event will be held at 42US
in Fremont from November 11th to 12th. Students from Dublin HS can use the promo code "DUBLIN" to save 20% on their CodeDay registration. https://codeday.org/ba
Upcoming College and Military Presentations:
Oct 16, Mon, 3rd Period, Trinity College of Dublin, Ireland
Oct 16, Mon, 4th Period, Army
Oct 17, Tue, 3rd Period, Rutgers University
Oct 17, Tue, 5th Period, Boise State University
Oct 17, Tue, 6th Period, University of the Pacific
Oct 18, Wed, 2nd Period, Saint Mary's College
Oct 18, Wed, 5th Period, University of Southern California
Oct 18, Wed, 6th Period, Saint Louis University
Oct 23, Mon, 3rd Period, University of Alabama
Oct 23, Mon, 5th Period, University of Colorado Boulder
Oct 24, Tue, 4th Period, Mills College
Oct 24, Tue, 5th Period, University of Oregon
Oct 25, Wed, 2nd Period, Willamette University
Oct 25, Wed, 4th Period, University of Minnesota
Oct 25, Wed, 5th Period, San Francisco State
Oct 25, Wed, 6th Period, San Francisco State
Oct 25, Wed, 7th Period, University of Iowa
Oct 26, Thu, 2nd Period, Academy of Art San Francisco - New Add
Oct 26, Thu, 5th Period, University of Hawaii
Oct 26, Thu, 6th Period, Azusa Pacific
Oct 27, Fri, 1st Period, Columbia College - Chicago (will be held in C121)
Nov 13, Mon, 3rd Period, Grand Canyon University - New Add
Nov 15, Wed, 2nd Period, University of Nevada Reno - New Date
The list will continue to grow, so check back frequently!
If you would like to attend, you need to sign up in advance in the College and Career Center. At that time, you will receive a pass that has to be signed off by your teacher giving you permission to participate. The pass needs to be turned into Mrs. Nobida at the beginning of the presentation.
Mark your calendars for the Tri Valley College and Career Fair at Granada High School on Tuesday, October 17th 6:30 to 8:30pm
The College & Career Center is open most days from 7:30am - 4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
College & Career Specialist
Work Base Learning Coordinator
The College & Career Center is available to help students research possibilities for their future.
Information is available regarding:
*College and Career Speakers
*Job Board/Work Permits