Welcome to Mrs. Vong's Website...
Name: My VongGrade Level: KindergartenRoom: K-4Subjects: MultiplePhone: 803-4444 ext. 5839Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the word dpride in the subject line so that your e-mail will route directly to my inbox. Without this your e-mail will go through our spam filter and I will not receive it.Welcome to Kindergarten!My name is My Vong and I am a kindergarten teacher in room K4 at Dougherty School. I look forward to working with you and your child this year. My goal is to make school an enjoyable learning experience for every child in my class and to learn and discover in many ways. Please read my welcome letter below.
August 13, 2019
My name is My Vong and I am a kindergarten teacher in room K-4 at Dougherty School. I look forward to having your child in my classroom this year. We are going to do many interesting things. This year of school is very important for your child. The activities that look like play are designed to teach the children the skills needed for success in school. The children are learning everything from the alphabet and beginning math skills to getting along with others.
There are a few items of safety procedures and other information that you need to know:1. Always accompany your child to the kindergarten gate next to the EDCC building at 8:30 for drop-off and at 12:26 for pick-up times. Please be prompt when picking up your child. I will dismiss the students one at a time from the gate.
2. Please inform me and the office in writing when another adult will be picking up your child. These adults should be on your emergency list.
3. If you are late bringing your child in the morning, please go to the office first. After you sign in, get a late pass and then bring your child to class.
4. Please purchase a backpack for your child and teach him/her how to zip and unzip it. This provides something for your child to carry their snack to school in and ensures that notes to and from school have a much better chance of reaching their destination. LABEL ALL THINGS! Backpacks, coats, sweatshirts, jackets, EVERYTHING!
5. Birthdays will be acknowledged as they occur. Due to the rise in food allergies, we are not having any food items for birthdays. Your child may bring goodie bags for 25 students to be sent home. We will not have birthday parties, but we will sing “Happy Birthday”. Summer birthdays will be acknowledged at the end of the school year.
6. It is very important that your child is ready for school every day. That means that he/she has had plenty of sleep and breakfast. A HEALTHY snack is recommended for recess every day. Please try to send drinks and snacks that your child can open without an adult's help.
7. Your child will soon be able to tell you the school rules. These rules are developed for the students’ safety and to provide an equitable educational program for all students. Our school rules are outlined in Dougherty’s Behavioral Expectations Matrix. Students will use these rules while they attend Dougherty in every classroom, assembly, and school event. More about this at Back to School Night!
8. Homework is very necessary and essential part of the educational program. It teaches responsibility and shows the child that parents are involved in his/her education, too. It reflects what we are doing in class and provides extra practice. Other times it provides an opportunity to stretch our thinking. Homework will be sent home on the first school day of each week in a folder. Please return the homework in the folder on Fridays. I expect homework to be done neatly and carefully with supervision. The homework will be graded as an O, S, or N, for Outstanding, Satisfactory, or Needs Improvement. As part of your child's homework, we recommend reading a book for 10-20 minutes every day and completing the reading log.9. I look forward to meeting you at our Back to School Night on Thursday, August 15th, from 5:00 – 6:00 pm in the classroom. It is not an appropriate time to bring children, adults only, please. If you are unable to attend because of work or childcare issues, please let me know and I will save an information packet for you.
My goal this year is to make school enjoyable and exciting learning experience for each child in my class and to give each child a chance to discover and learn in many ways. You are always welcome to come and visit or help in my room. District policy says that you must be cleared and check into the office when you are on campus. If you would like to work in the room, you are more than welcome. If you have any questions or comments, please e-mail me at email@example.com or call me at 803-4444 ext. 5839 and leave a message for me. I’ll return your call or email promptly. Thank you for your classroom donations from the supply list! Thank you for your support and here's to a great school year!