Return to Headlines
Dublin High School's Track & Field Season
Dublin High School's Track & Field team enjoyed a historic season. Here are just a few of their highlights:
EBAL Championships - Girls REPEAT as Champions!
- After winning their first title in school history in 2018, the girls were able to repeat as champions in an even more dominating fashion!
- DHS 62 individual qualifiers to the North Coast Section Tri-Valley Championships, becoming the first team in the school's history to break the 60-qualifier threshold after the 2018 team was the first DHS team to break the 50-qualifier threshold. DHS had the most qualifiers of any team in NCSTV.
- 9 individual champions - senior Donald Davis (110 meters High Hurdles & 300mH), juniors Amina Middleton-Pearson (High Jump) and Christopher Middleton-Pearson (1600m & 3200m), sophomores Amelia Liao (100mHH) and Ksenia Rokhline (Triple Jump), Girls Unified 100m & Long Jump (seniors Shaziah Aiyub & Marina Hancher)
NCSTV Championships - Girls banner for 2nd year in a row!
- The girls finished 2nd, taking home a banner for the second year in a row.
- 5 individual champions - seniors Naomi Chin (Pole Vault) and Donald Davis (110 meters High Hurdles & 300H) and junior Christopher Middleton-Pearson (1600m & 3200m).
NCS Meet of Champions - Boys take home 1st banner in DHS history!
- The boys won their first NCSMOC banner in school history, taking 2nd.
- Senior Donald Davis became only the third male in DHS history to win an event at NCSMOC, winning the 110mHH and joining the ranks of Jeremiah Crockett (TJ in 2010) and Chuck Gangnuss (120 yard high hurdles in 1976).
- California Interscholastic Federation State Championships qualifiers - senior Donald Davis (110mHH & 300mH) and juniors Amina Middleton-Pearson (HJ) and Christopher Middleton-Pearson (1600m). Davis became only the 2nd male to qualify in two events in the same year following Troy Barcenas in 2018.
CIF State Championships - Middleton-Pearson Makes 1600m Final for 2nd Consecutive Year; Davis Breaks 43-year old 110mHH DHS Mark, Makes Final
- Junior Christopher Middleton-Pearson became the first male in DHS history to make a final in two consecutive years, breaking his own 1600m school record in the process (4:09.46).
- Minutes later, senior Donald Davis seeded 17th coming in, broke Chuck Gangnuss' 43-year old school record in the 110 meter High Hurdles, running 14.28 and taking 9th overall to qualify for the final.
- In the finals, Middleton-Pearson was able to make the medal stand taking 5th while Davis was able to take 8th. Middleton-Pearson became the 3rd male to make the medal stand joining Crockett (TJ 2nd in 2011) and Gangnuss (120yHH 4th in 1976).
Other remarkable achievements from 2019:
- School records broken:
- Boys 1600 - 4:09.46 - Christopher Middleton-Pearson
- Boys 3200 - 9:09.19 - Christopher Middleton-Pearson
- Boys 110HH - 14.28 - Donald Davis
- Girls 4x100 Relay - 48.90 - Emma Lebumfacil-Zharia Dixon-Veerawan Tontiwattananan-Caitlyn Leca
- Girls PV - 12'2" - Naomi Chin
- Boys 4x1600 Relay - #11 in the United States
Thanks for all the support this year of our amazing student-athletes!