VIRTUAL SCHOOL TECH HELP
Click here if you need a chromebook and/or hotspot.
Students should login to their district email account. They can access Canvas from there. Canvas is their virtual classroom. Links will be provided in there. *Always check your student's Canvas page if your zoom link is not working. There might be an update there or try the zoom link from there.
Before the first day of school, students should log into their district gmail account.
Login to your Google Account - Go to www.gmail.com and have your student login with their entire district email address (including the @mydusd.org part).
If your student is new to the district - Follow these instructions to get
your student logged in for the first time and change their password.
If your student forgot their password - Follow these instructions for a self-service password management portal.
If your student is unable to reset their password - We ask that a parent/guardian email a request to reset the password to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to protect your student's privacy, please make sure you use the email address that we have on file for that parent/guardian. Otherwise, your request may be delayed while we call the phone number on file for confirmation.
Log onto your Canvas account by clicking the 9-dot grid at the top right of the page next to DUSD.Scroll down and click on the Canvas Icon.
Login to your Canvas Account - Once your student is logged into their gmail account, they will click on the Google App Launcher (the “ waffle” icon on the top right corner) and scroll down to the Canvas icon to launch Canvas.
- If your student is having technical difficulties, please call 925-828-1037 and press 2 to leave a detailed message that includes your student's name, grade, teacher, and problem they are having (this is the attendance line so that your student will not be marked absent). Then email email@example.com with the same information (this is the tech support desk that can help fix the problem).
- Parent Help Portal
- Signing up for Canvas as a Parent (multiple languages)
- Make Sure You Login to Chrome
- Zoom Student Set Up
Connecting Your Zoom Account to your Google Account (multiple languages)
- Ensure you are logged out of any existing Zoom accounts and navigate to https://zoom.us
- Click Sign In at the top right corner (NOT Sign Up)
- Click Sign In with Google
- Type in your @mydusd email address, or click on the email address if already signed in, then enter the password.
- Follow the instructions to allow Zoom to access your Google account.
- Go back to Canvas and click on your teacher's Zoom link again, then sign in with Google and enter your school email and password.
- If you are getting the "account is blocked" message: We have determined that this issue usually occurs when there are multiple Google accounts logged in to the same web browser at the same time. In order to avoid this issue, please make sure that you are logged out of all personal Google accounts prior to logging in with your DUSD account and attempting to access Canvas. Also make sure that you connect your Zoom account to your Google account (directions above).
- If directed to log into zoom from canvas link, choose "Sign in with Google" before putting in username/password (see image below)
- If asked to consolidate accounts, click "yes"
- If still won't let you in, log into zoom.com in a separate tab, click sign in with Google (see image below), then use mydusd.org email/password. Once you have logged into zoom directly, you should now be able to access the zoom meeting from Canvas
To request a district chromebook and/or hotspot, click here.
Thank you for all your support as we navigate through this new process.