In an effort to boldly enhance educational opportunities for our students at Dublin High School, the district is exploring, and is in the process of developing, a plan that will significantly enhance the learning environment.
If approved by the Board of Trustees, the plan that is in development will alter the structure of the day at DHS and in all likelihood lengthen the time students are on campus.
A design team made up of Dublin High teachers, staff, administrators, district leadership, and parents are developing the plan.
Key elements of these bold changes are:
· A tutoring center staffed throughout the day.
· A testing center that will allow students to make-up missed tests.
· A mentoring program for freshmen.
· An extra period built into the day for students in grades 10-12, allowing access to academic resources on campus (tutoring and testing centers, Career Center, Library, etc).
· A college and career readiness seminar course for all freshmen.
In order to provide you with information and answers to questions you may have, the District will be holding two Town Hall meetings – one on Thursday, June 5 at Fallon Middle School and the second on Monday, June 9 at Dublin High School. Both meetings will begin at 6:30pm.
Staff will be present both evenings to more fully explain our plans and to answer any questions you might have.
We recognize that this is late notice, however, the passage of the Measure B parcel tax has allowed us to take this bold step and we want to maximize this opportunity for our students.
We look forward to seeing you at one of our Town Hall meetings.